Here are some pictures from our visit with Aunt Courtney, Uncle Jeff, Rebecca and John!
Doesn't he look so wise?
| From September 2011 |
John was a trooper and let us entertain two toddlers without putting up much of a fuss. ICE KEEM was of course on the itinerary.
| From September 2011 |
It meant so much to be able to celebrate Mimi's birthday in person too. Rebecca and Michael are both slightly obsessed with the "Happy Birthday" song.
| From September 2011 |
We took a couple of trips to the zoo while we were there - it was the perfect-sized zoo for two kids under two, I loved it so much.
| From September 2011 |
| From September 2011 |
Our first trip to the zoo, Michael saw and was terrified by... a camel. So as we were standing staring at the camel, he said, "No camel, no camel," so I figured out that he was scared and we left. On the ride back to Courtney's house, we were reviewing what animals we had seen... monkeys... tiger... goats... and Michael said, "Camel?" and I said, "Yes, we saw a camel," and he said, "No, no camel." And I said, "okay, we don't have to talk about the camel."
Second trip to the zoo, ALL Michael wanted to see was the... camel. So we made our little loop, finally rounded the corner before the camels and there was - NO CAMEL. It must have been either feeding or bathing time, but I improvised and said the camel was "taking a nap." The entire ride home, Michael asked every 5 seconds, "Where camel?" and I would reply, "The camel wasn't there, Michael, he was taking a nap." Every five seconds, Courtney can attest. It got old. But now every animal cracker, every silhouette of an animal shape on a t-shirt, every mention of a zoo now requires an explanation of The Camel Who Was Napping.
It was a sweet time with Courtney and Jeff and the kids!
Finally! An update! I love your blog and have been checking for an update since July. I know, don't I have a wedding to plan or things to do? Ha!
ReplyDeleteLove these too--John is so cute! Camel story--classic.
ReplyDelete