Sunday, September 26, 2010

Visiting San Antonio

Michael and I had a great trip down to see Mimi and Doc in San Antonio. It was such a RELAXING week, and one where I was able to rejoice in Michael losing some of his "mommy clinginess." As Kevin and I have talked about, he sporadically clings to me with desperate force one day ---- and the next he is happy as can be crawling on strangers on the airplane!

Speaking of airplanes, Michael wooed every other passenger in the seats around us on both legs of the flight. I was wondering how he would do in a confined space for 3.5 hours, but I forgot that we would have the benefit of 100 strangers around us to entertain my people-happy son. He was playing hide and seek with the people in the row behind us, he was crawling over the patient and loving people in my row, he was smiling at every stewardess... so much so that at the end of the flight, people would come up to me and ask to meet him because, "he was such a good baby!"

Here are some pictures of the time together. What a wonderful trip (though we missed Kevin a lot).

Everyday activities were so fun to do together, like reading...
From September 2010

playing on the floor...
From September 2010

helping Mimi open birthday presents...
From September 2010

analyzing the politics of Southern Texas with Doc...
From September 2010

and finally, the only activity that will make Michael sit in your lap, watching Sesame Street!
From September 2010

2 comments:

  1. Michael looks simply precious in all these photos--love 'em. So glad he was so good on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my. gosh. Anne Marie I want to squeeze him! I really like the "analyzing politics" photo:)

    ReplyDelete