Monday, July 12, 2010

9 Months!

I have said to several people that this past month, Michael "woke up." He is more interactive, more present, has more personality - he moves, he crawls, he eats, he stands. Kevin and I are trying to teach him not to touch the snazzy cable box, and when he goes there, we say firmly "No." Michael does not like this change in tone one bit, and has erupted now twice in the most heart-wrenching crying when he sees our stern faces. Clearly, I'm not ready to discipline! I'm sure I'll laugh looking back that this is our greatest discipline challenge, but for now, it's enough.

Michael had his 9 month doctor appointment today, and is healthy and growing! He weighs 19 pounds, 6 ounces, and measures 29 inches in length. The doctor forgot to tell us what percentile all of those are, but according to google, he is:
Length = between percentile 50 and 75
Weight = between percentile 25 and 50
Head Circumference = in percentile 90

Michael was playing by himself and got quiet and I wondered why - then I went over and saw this.
From July 2010


From July 2010


Normal Development: 9 to 10 months
- may pull self up to standing position
- stands holding on to furniture
- loves showing off for family audience

Check, check and check.

1 comment:

  1. AND he clearly likes books. Good job, Michael. I miss him!!!!

    ReplyDelete